Bike Riding And Fitness: Studies Show Health Benefits
Riding bikes as kids, we never stopped to consider it as exercise. As adults, we are always looking for ways to incorporate a little exercise into our lives, especially if it can be found through one of our favorite past times. Bike riding is a great way to bring some aerobic exercise and strength training into your daily routine. With one of the best city bikes as your workout partner, you’re sure to have fun along the way.
What Are The Health Benefits?
It is no secret that adding cardio to your workout regimen can help improve cardiovascular health. Cycling is not only a great cardio workout, it has been proven to demonstrate a variety of health benefits for people of all ages. A recent study measured the health benefits of cycling and found “a strong inverse relationship between commuter cycling and all-cause mortality, cancer mortality, and cancer morbidity among middle-aged to elderly subjects.” Additionally, the study found a positive correlation between cardio-respiratory fitness and cycling in youth subjects. The evidence for fitness benefits found through cycling is strong, and more and more studies demonstrate the extent of the improvements one can experience. If you are trying to lose weight, fight cardiovascular disease, or improve your strength, cycling might be just what you are looking for. With just two to four hours per week, cycling can help improve your general health.
- Improvement in joint mobility
- Reduced stress levels
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Decreased body fat
- Improved flexibility and muscle strength
- Prevention and management of diseases
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Increase in bone strength
- Improved coordination and posture
Cycling is a fun, low impact activity, which makes it great for youth and adults of all ages. Cycling can be recreational, for sport, or for transportation. The more you find ways to incorporate cycling into your daily routine, the more health benefits you're likely to experience. Not only is it a great way to exercise, cycling is also a great way to commute especially when using the best city bikes built for daily use. If you live in a bike friendly city, try cycling to work or to the grocery store. You can avoid traffic, enjoy the fresh air, and squeeze some exercise into your busy schedule.
Reasons to Cycle:
- All major muscles are engaged while pedaling
- It’s low impact so the risk of injury is reduced
- Cycling helps increase your stamina
- It’s easy - not much talent or training is required
- Save time by cycling to work - avoid traffic and reduce sedentary time while sitting in a car
- Cycling is fun and gives you a chance to enjoy the outdoors
How do I Know What Bike to Buy?
When shopping for a new bike, it’s important to decide how the bike will be used in your daily life. Are you planning to cruise around the beach? Will the bike be your primary mode of transportation? With a variety of bicycles to choose from and customize at sixthreezero, it will be no problem to find good bikes for any occasion. In 1-, 3-, and 7-speed varieties, we have quite a few rides to check out to hit the beach, the trails, or your neighborhood.
- Wow Breezy - this cruiser is comfy, casual, and designed for the smoothest ride
- Around The Block - simple, low-maintenance and seriously comfortable, the coaster brakes and single gear design make this bike the perfect companion
- EVRYjourney - this hybrid cruiser was built for comfort and customization with built-in accessory points
- Explore Your Range - get to your destination, fast and in style, with this fun commuter bike
Click to join our Journey Club to uncover new and exciting ride locations around the globe!
Hey guys, Dustin here, CEO of sixthreezero. Today, I'm going to talk about how to...
Hey guys, Dustin here, CEO of Six Three Zero. Today we're going to talk about the...